Friday, July 12, 2013

Recap of Since We Last Met

I think the last time I posted I had just broken my toe. I had a wonderful vacation. I didn't go anywhere but I was able to catch up on school work and ride a ton. I have been riding the cutest little arab mare who is up for sale. She has been used in lessons but prefers having just one rider. I wanted to have something to ride to get into shape for Dickie. Riding and showing Lady will help her get a better home and it has been a blast for me.

The stable also acquired a little Fjord cross named Belle. She is going to be used as the beginner pony for kids and adults. She is as stout as draft and could carry a larger adult. She is also not much bigger than a pony and smooth as silk so she will be a perfect confidence booster for kids and adults alike. Belle is calm and very good natured but as green as they come. A friend at the barn is riding Belle too and in no time she will be ready for lessons. She has the perfect mind for a lesson horse.

My toe just got feeling better about a week ago. I didn't want to ride Dickie when I wasn't feeling 100%. I have to move fast with with that guy and didn't think it was a good idea to start out with a handicap. He has been back in work and I got on him for the first time in a month yesterday.



2 comments:

  1. Love Fjords! Glad to hear your toe is feeling better, finally!! I just got stepped on this weekend, nothing broken, but I was limpy for a couple days. Have fun showing Lady! Lucky you get the chance to ride a bunch of different horses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're feeling better! I hope we might get to see pictures of Lady and Belle? :D

    ReplyDelete