Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Update from Vet

My vet called just after my last post to say she has been in contact with the cardiologist and will be setting up the appt in the next two weeks. I am out of shock and was better able to retain the details of what she heard. It is a grade 5/6 murmur. It is likely a mitral valve regurgitation murmur. I am no expert but I got really good at recognizing the different qualities of murmurs in school and I would have to agree with her assessment. Most murmurs in horses are entirely benign so normally odds would be in his favor. However it seems like he might be in that 3% of murmurs that are not good. I should have a date for the appt set by the end of the day tomorrow. I am glad the next two weeks will be busy with the new job to keep my mind off of everything. I feel very torn. I love every second I have with him but the more attached I get the harder it will be if I had to make hard decisions.

Gonna take the day off from ponies tomorrow and focus on the new job.


No comments:

Post a Comment