Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Wonderful Horsey Day

I am pulling an all nighter to get ready to work three days in a row. It is the end of a totally perfect horsey day. I met my friend and her adorable little boy and showed her some of my fave tack spots in Portland. Then I played with Dickie who is as smart as ever. I brought a clicker and a toy with me. He figured out click=treat in about five clicks. Then I went to reserve a stall at the new barn for Oct 1st. It was just as nice as I remembered. After that I headed back for a ride on Bre. We went on a bareback jaunt through the woods and I ended up tearing my t-shirt in half because I misjudged the hieght of some branches on a game trail. I was so happy that I didn't run into anyone on the ride back because they would have been blinded by the white skin on my back fat. It was a long day and I am sore from all the walking and riding but I feel great.

I took a few pics from the new barn's website so you can see new digs. I officially gave notice today. The current owner was so nice about it. She understood my reasons. I might be able to leave before the 30 days because someone just called about a stall recently. If the other person still needs a stall I can move before Oct 1st.

The day started with wishful window shopping. What a heavenly sight, rows and rows of consignment saddles......

Dickie's stall looks just like this (I think his shares a wall).... 


His stall is the second from the end. The one next to the horse peeking out. 



I took this one today. It is of his personal run attached to his stall. I had already walked a ways before I took the picture, if that gives you any idea of the size. It goes all the way to the far fence. There is rock/gravel just outside the door so it probably won't get too muddy :)  He gets to be out 24/7. YAY!!!


This is of the round pen the built last year. It is so nice. It is all wood so there are no worries of a frisky kick resulting in a leg through the fence. 

Finished product.....


 Enough about what the pony gets. I get one of these wondeful tack lockers You can walk into the locker and stand up by barely scrunching. 




4 comments:

  1. Nice place! Cant wait to see pictures of you guys all moved in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like a nice barn!! Great roundpen, but what I'd be super excited about is that big turn-out!!! That's the size turn-out every horse should get, I think. But...life's perfect for none of us, right? If only... :)
    You hit the nail on the head for me and about riding. I have gained so much weight, and I'm so stinking out of shape that it's laughable!! I don't even need to wonder why my confidence is sorely lacking the last several years...good grief!! If I fall, I'm in serious danger of rolling like a beach ball unless we're on flat ground, then you'll just hear a loud thud. My friend tells me all the time (it's her mantra, I think)..."do what you can, where you're at, with what you've got". That's how I roll...no pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!!! The new place looks awesome!!! I can't wait until Dickie sees it. He's going to be so excited! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure loves rolling in the round pen. He's a little offended that he can't just roll at will when it I work time.

      Delete