Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Party All Night at the Stable

The night before I work my first grave shift of the week I try to stay up as late as possible. Part of my routine has become going to the stable. It is so quiet and peaceful. The ponies all get a little extra hay and some serious beauty parlor time. Dickie has a WILD mane so I took some length off and banded it over. It sticks straight up on end even when it is long. I actually like the Trojan warrior horse look but I need to pull it and it is hard to know if it is even when it sticks straight up. Bre got some elbow grease on her coat because she is shedding a small pony worth of hair if I even touch her. My arm got tired before all the hair came out. 

Dickie still isn't in love with his bit but willingly takes it everytime because bit=hot mash. 

I found an old western bridle so he doesn't ruin my nice english one with sticky mollases and trying to rub it off on the walls. 


Somehow I don't think this qualifies as a "slow" feed. 

Josey ate her hay too fast and was sure Bre and Dickie had more.  She was NOT HAPPY that I was holding out on her. 

Supervising Bre's grooming sesssion. 

12 comments:

  1. Haha! Love the last photo with the little braids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He doesn't look very manly with his braids. .He is so cute. And they stick straight out since his mane is so wild.

      Delete
  2. ROFLOL! Yep that's one way around a slow feeder lol. I think spending the night at the stable is a genius idea for getting switched back over to nights. :D Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bre has loved it. When she was young and used to colic all the time I would often stay late and even sleep w her. She puts her head in my chest and starts to fall asleep. When she was four or so she would actually curl up next to me. These days she thnks she needs to be a boss mare so she keeps on lookout and doesn't lay down.

      Delete
    2. Awwwwwww that is sooooo sweet! :D I used to do that on the rare occasion with my little mare, but so far Chrome has only let me approach him once while laying down. I think it's because he's always expecting to do something fun that he doesn't want to lay down anymore when he sees me.... or he just wants food lol.

      Delete
  3. P.S. Since you have comment approval on would you mind taking off word verification? Pretty please!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DONE!! Thanks for bringing it up. Somehow I thought I already did that when I changed it to comment moderation.

      Delete
    2. No problem! I have trouble reading the word verification and it drives me crazy lol! :D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I should have taken a pic. I don't know why I didn't. By the time I get back out there it will be super messy. Next time....

      Delete
  5. Love the pictures, the last one is soo funny!

    ReplyDelete