Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 Non Pony Goals

I tend to stay away from my non horse life on this blog. I don't want to accidentally share something too personal about a love one. And who really cares about anything non horse related?!?!!?

My upcoming goals will affect the free time I have for riding now and the funds I will have for riding in the semi-distant future. I started this blog in 2012 as I was graduating from nursing school and starting work on an abdominal transplant/urology untit. Nursing is a second career for me. I started working in mental health as a requriemtn for a class in my early 20s never intending to make it a career. Community mental health quuckly became a passion and I remained in the field for over 11 years. I went back to school for a second degree in nursing with the intensions of becoming in psychiatric nurse  practitioner. I recieved an associates degree in nursing in summer of 2012 and plan to work for a few years solidifying my general medical knoweldge. Before I can apply to grad school I need to finish up the online RN-BS program. I start up last spring right when I was adjusting to the swap from nights to days. It was a hot mess. I made it through the term, barely. I dropped from full time to part time for summer term but suffered from a relapse of anxiety and depression. One of my medications changed generic brands and put me in a tail spin. Luckily I found a new doctor who figured out what was going on. It took me fall term to get back to normal but I am gearing up to start classes again. I am not looking forward to the tedious online forums and papers but I am so ready to get it over with!! 

I am hoping that school doesn't cut into my riding time but I tend to be better about time management when I am busy. Lately I have been napping, watching old episode of Lost Girl, eating crappy food, and being a general lazy mo fo on my days off. My grand plan is to leave the house before ten every morning and hang out at the coffee shop on the way to the stable for a few hours then go for a ride. At the end of the summer I will have another degree to hand on the wall and a raise to go with it. Then on to the dreaded GRE. It has been too many years since I took it last and I am not looking forward to it. The nursing boards were way worse though so I suppose I will live. 

Bring in on 2014 I have big plans for you!!!

1 comment:

  1. I suffer from depression and anxiety too so I can totally understand. My anxiety is crippling at times. I also tend to turn lazy if I'm not staying busy. It's so annoying lol. I'm glad you get to start making progress on all of it again, even though it may mean less blogging. I'm happy for you! I hope it's a lot easier than you're expecting hehe.

    ReplyDelete