Thursday, February 13, 2014

Throwback Thursday Belle Editiion

Kokoro Reed
1982 Thoroughbred Mare
By Dr Reed's Kin out of Barbielaine

I haven't talked about my Belle horse much here. She was my first horse and one of those special horses that everyone remembers. She came to me when I was at an ultimate low in life. I had been diagnosed with Bipolar disorder and was struggling to get on good medications and back to my life. Belle brought me back from the edge and I don't know if I would be here without here. She was an A circuit hunter who had been donated to the therapy program I started working for. She was too hot for the kids so I ended up as her lucky owner. She taught me how to keep my heels down because she spooked if things got too boring. She taught me how to have soft hands because she would take off if you pulled too much. 


She died of colic when she still had too much life left. I haven't talked about her much because, well  you just had to be there. I still don't know why this hot, impatient, opinionated mare decided to put up with this beginner rider. Whatever her reason I am a better person for it. 



This was six months or so after I started riding. I'm so lucky she taught me how to ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment