Monday, February 16, 2015

Three Weeks



As of Monday (tomorrow) morning my parents will have been gone for three weeks. I was cleaning out the house this weekend and it was surreal to think just three weeks ago Mom and Chuck were still there. It's been a crazy three weeks. I requested an extended leave at work and getting the house cleaned has been a full time job. I really want to get it on the market before my hip surgery. Its a lovely property and not much needs to be done but people acquire a lot of stuff in 70+ years of life. I am so blessed to have a wonderful family. My dad and step mom have made sure at least one of them could meet me out there daily. Sometimes people lose out when their parents divorced. I lucked out and ended up with not one but TWO amazing sets of parents. Both of my step parents have been my best friends. My girlfriend is taking all next week off to tackle the barn and service planning. My BFF is amazing and makes the trek out to help too. And one of my barn BFFs spent her only day off packing dishes.




 The place is gorgeous. There is a big barn with half set up for horses and the other side is a man haven shop. Lots of room for tools and shelves for camping supplies. The other side had three big stalls and a tack room. The stalls all open up to the pasture and it is currently cross fenced so horses can go in their own paddocks at night. There is a lovely flat pasture in the back and miles of trails just across the private street. We've had many wonderful experiences there. 




I just keep putting one foot in front of the other and check things off my list. One of the things that keeps me going is imagining opening up these boxes in my new house that mom bought me. Some of the trunks she had already packed up and I like to think about her watching me open them. I think Chuck would like me using his tools even if sometime I almost lose a limb. If anyone needs some xc jumps built I have more than enough power tools to get it done. 




3 comments:

  1. This must be unbelievable hard. You are a strong person but I want to send you hugs across the Internet

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful place! Hope the sale goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you have such an amazing support system to help you through this. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete